Friday 31 July 2009

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Guest Designer!

I was so pleased to be asked to join in at the Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge as a guest design team member for August! The challenge is going fortnightly for the summer holidays so I will be with them for three challenges.

The theme for this challenge is "Distressing" so we would like to see torn/distressed edges, sponged edges, sanding etc on your creations and remember to include at least one digi stamp.

I've used a digi stamp by Sandra Dry. This one is called "Hazel" and is available on its own or as a set of three. I just had to have all three as they are all amazing.
I've coloured the image with Copic markers. The panel has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, I've then sanded it and added some distress ink. I didn't have any orange so I mixed fired brick and mustard seed. The DCWV paper has been torn and I've added distress ink to the edges of that and the edges of the image.
The pumpkins are stickers that I've had in my stash for ages. I've also added some black pearls and a metal tab.

I hope you can join in at the Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge over the next fortnight, I look forward to seeing all your distress work.

21 comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE this halloween card!!! That image is wonderful and love your layout with the texture!!! Fabulous!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Jennifer, LOVE YOUR CARD SWEETIE!!! That image is so cute!
have a great weekend, janny

Nicki said...

Like this, the image is so sweet! its a fab card
take care
Nicki
x

Karen said...

Hi Jennifer,

I love this card that you have made with Sandra's fab new image. Hope you enjoy your time with us at DU2DS.
Karen x

Chris said...

Hi Jen, it's lovely to have you on the team with us and I hope you enjoy it! Wonderful distressing and colouring of that cutie by Sandra and your papers and design are wonderful. Have a good weekend. Chris x

Caroline said...

Hi Jennifer, your card is brill, I love the design and colours
welcome to DU2DS can't wait to see your creations in August
Caroline xx

eiyiyi said...

Love the card,it's perfect. Congrats on the GD spot. I know you'll do a great job.

hugs, eileen

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous and what a great interpretation of the Halloween theme.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire

Fab said...

A stunner of a card Jen ! I love Halloween cards so that's right up my street. It's so nice to have you on the DU2D team, I can't wait to see your other creations. X Fab

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous card gorgues colouring and textures ,love it
hugs Dawnxxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful halloween card, Jen! love the cute image and the papers.
Hugs, Vanja

Donna said...

Hi Jennifer, its great to have you on board at Dare U...your card is brilliant and I love the way you have coloured your image, fab papers on this card too :) Donna x

Larissa said...

Hi Jennifer

What a lovely card you made. I love how you coloured the image.
Welcome to DU2DS! I hope you will enjoy it!

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs,
Larissa

Sandra said...

Hi Jen.....gorgeous card,love the image,aren't these girls fab of Sandra's...i had to have all three too :0).
Great take on the theme,lovely to have you on board as our GD this month,
Have a lovely weekend,
Take care
San x

MarkerGeek said...

Hi Jen! This is a fab card, love the image and your distressing looks great. :)

~Elaine

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great to see your lovely work on the DU2DS Challenge blog! The perfect Halloween card!

Helen said...

This is fab! Love the texture & distressing!
Helen x

Bee said...

Wonderful card and fantastic use of colour on the image!
Hope you'll pop by Bee Crafty's downloads and challenge blog for a visit :)
- Bee Crafty

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Jen, lovely colours and a great image. Were off to nth Wales for our holiday next weekend, hope the rain holds off lol
Clairex

Anonymous said...

congrats on the guest designer post & fab card hun x

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me again! I have left you a couple little somethings on my blog when you have a minute x